- - Birmingham Office
- Irondale, AL, USA
- Full Time
- Medical/Dental with Blue Cross & Blue Shield after 90 day waiting period; supplemental benefits after 90 days; 401k program after 1 year; paid holidays; vacation after 1 year
We are looking for a qualified Payroll Assistant to undertake a variety of tasks such as entering payroll information, calculating wages and making payments.
• Collect and verify timekeeping information for all employees
• Calculate regular pay, overtime, holiday pay, and vacation time
• Manage and calculate taxes and deductions
• Initiate weekly payments in a timely manner either by preparing and administering checks or making direct deposits through a bank payment system
• Maintain timesheets and payroll reports
• Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes etc.
• Resolve any issues that may arise regarding payroll from employees and upper management
• Investigate any discrepancies in payroll
• Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to supervisor
• Familiarity with general accounting principles
• Experience in data collection, entry and reporting preferred
• Computer savvy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Exquisite math and numerical skills, along with great attention to details.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in problem-solving
• High school diploma or equivalent
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts